A CHAIN OF ISLAND PARADISES
Zanzibar Island – Unguja to the locals – is a dream destination. With a troubled history, it is a fascinating part of the world which now enjoys peace and relative prosperity. Zanzibar is renowned for its beauty and beaches.
Safari Zanzibar –Tick off 2 items from your bucket list: life-changing safari in Tanzania and beach bliss on the magical island of Zanzibar! What better then to sip a cool drink under swaying palm trees after focusing your tel lenses on a pride of lions in the sun-drenched Savannah of the Serengeti? The most famous of all Africa’s tropical islands, only 15 minutes’ flight from the mainland. Fantastic beaches and a wide diversity of beach lodges
STONE TOWN IS A UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE
This honeypot of local culture attracts tourists into its central ‘Stone Town’, a myriad of narrow streets where travelers explore the town’s compelling architecture, haggle at market stalls and learn about the island’s fascinating history.
A trip to the island is not complete without a visiting the old town market, slave market and slave chambers, the National Museum, the House of Wonders, Sultan’s Palace, Livingstone’s House, and the atmospheric Old Fort. Excursions to Prison Island are possible as well
The juxtaposition of inland wilderness and coastal tropical beaches makes Africa one of the best destinations for adventure travelers.
Thanks to its southern equator location, Zanzibar has a tropical climate allowing you to plan your seaside vacation in Eastern Africa at any time of the year without any extreme variability in temperatures.
FLY IN & OUT DAR-ES-SALAAM.
- ARRIVE DAR-ES-SALAAM, TANZANIA
- FLY TO ABEID AMANI KARUME AIRPORT ZANZIBAR
- ZANZIBR ISLAND (STONE TOWN, NUNGWI BEACH, KIDICHI & KIZAMBANI)
- FLY TO DAR-ES-SALAAM
- DEPART DAR-ES-SALAAM, TANZANIA
Perfect post-safari extension for family, group or couple travelling together, this extension wings you from Kilimanjaro to Dar es-salaam before settling you in at an idyllic luxury beach hotel on Zanzibar’s gorgeous East Coast.
A CHAIN OF ISLAND PARADISES
The island’s activities are focused around the beach, with sunset cruises, snorkeling and diving trips offered from every lodge. You can swim with dolphins at Kizimkazi, see the giant sea turtles of Nungwi, and even visit the colobus monkeys of Jozani Forest if you are able to drag yourself away from the beach!
Exploration of UNESCO World Heritage Site Stone Town. You will discover the rich cultural heritage of Stone Town, with its unique blend of Arab, European, and African traditions and architecture. Explore the narrow streets lined with houses featuring large carved wooden doors, historic mosques and shops.
Known as the “Spice Island”, no visit to Zanzibar is complete without a spice tour. Discover first-hand how spice farms in the rural areas of Zanzibar grow precious spices such as cloves, nutmeg, cardamom and vanilla.
This island (also known as Changuu Island) was formerly owned by and used for confinement of slaves. Prison Island is one of the best places for visitors to see the endangered Aldabra giant tortoises. These rare tortoises can reach up to 250 kg and are among the longest-lived animals on earth, with some over 170 years in age.
NEW!!! May 2018- Luxury Resort
Zuri Zanzibar opened its doors on 1st May 2018! It is situated on the north shores of Zanzibar, within the Kendwa area of the island. The resort may be situated on arguably the island’s finest non-tidal beach, but this new luxury resort is set to make all sorts of big waves. The resort is owned and operated by Design Hotels, whose portfolio comprises a staggering 284 properties worldwide, all aiming to provide authentic experiences.
- 55 bungalows, suites, and villas, all close to a non-tidal beach
- 3 restaurants & bars, library, gym, spa, spice gardens, infinity pool
- Watersports, dhow boat cruises, spice tours, trips to stone town, prison island, and Jozani forest
The local inspiration extends to Zuri Zanzibar’s cuisine as well, with seven restaurants and bars highlighting the island’s diverse flavors. Traditional African dishes receive a tropical twist at Upendo, the main restaurant serving fresh shrimp and other seafood seasoned with local spices from the four-acre Zuri Garden, while sundowners—a nod to the safari tradition of mainland Tanzania—are served at the laidback bar overlooking Kendwa beach.
Beyond its stylish beachfront, the Zuri—whose name means “beautiful” in Swahili—is an ideal jumping-off point for island explorations. The resort’s guided tours include snorkeling with turtles near Mnemba Island, swimming with dolphins in Menai Bay, and tracking the rare red colobus monkey in the Jozani Chwaka Bay National Park.
Visit our partner Visa Central for convenient, one-stop visa and passport processing.
Payment Schedule A2A No longer accept deposits. Full-payment is required at time of booking. All payments are done in our website.
Cancellation Fees Per Person – Main Group trips and related Group Pre/Post Tour Extensions.
- 91 days prior to departure or more: $500.
- 90-61 days prior to departure: 20% of program price.
- 60-31 days prior to departure: 50% of program price.
- 30 days prior to departure or less: 100% of the program price.
Cancellations must be received in writing. Additional terms and fees apply to Internal Air, Extra Services and Partial Room cancellations.
Booking your airline reservations with A2A Safari is both easy and beneficial. Our long-established relationships with a wide range of carriers also work to your advantage in a number of ways.
Why book your flights directly through A2A Safari:
- We know which flights work best for your itinerary and which can save you time in the air
- You can choose from a variety of carriers who have partnered with us to provide special Business and Economy Class fares (subject to availability)
- We can cancel or refund your special fare tickets up to the day before departure (fees may apply)
- You can earn mileage credit from your preferred airlines, where applicable, just as if you booked on your own
- We handle any unforeseen challenges directly with the airlines when they arise, with 24/7 emergency service to handle air-related issues on tickets we have confirmed
- Enjoy the convenience and flexibility of choosing from a variety of global carriers who have partnered with A2A Safari to offer you exclusive special fares, subject to availability.
- Reserve your preferred seat when you make your reservations.